MY JEW-ISH QUICK BERRY CUPCAKE CHEESECAKES
There is little I need to write about these bites of creamy deliciousness. After all who doesn’t love both cupcakes and cheesecakes, so I thought to myself why not combine the two? I also didn’t have the time to bake a whole cheesecake and leave it overnight to cool slowly, so these mini versions were created. They look great and should be ready in around 30 minutes.
I added summer fruits and lemon for that little bit of extra zing but if you are a purest then omit. Also don’t restrict yourself to just one type of biscuit, go wild. There are so many out there that lend them to being blitzed for the base of the cupcake. If you think making one batch is enough, then I warn you to buy enough for two because they may well disappear before your get to eat one yourself.
NB – You will need thick foil cupcake papers. The thin ones will not hold the mixture.
For the biscuit base
- 7 oz digestives/ graaham crackers/ ginger nuts (your choice)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 tablespoon butter, melted
For the cheesecake
- 1 pound / 454g cream cheese full fat
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs,
- zest 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 50g frozen or fresh summer berries
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- In a food processor grind your choice of biscuits till they are fully crushed.
- Tip into a bowl, add your melted butter and sugar and mix well.
- Place foil cupcake liners in cupcake tin, and divide the biscuit mixture evenly between the 12 cupcakes.
- Squash down with the back of a spoon and place in the oven for 7-8 minutes.
- Don’t let the biscuit burn and make sure to rotate the cupcake tin half way through.
- When they are ready remove from the oven and allow to cool down.
- Now in a stand mixer or bowl with whisk together the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and eggs until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Finally add the lemon zest and summer fruits, mix gently so that the colours slowly start to bleed.
- Now gently with a tablespoon, spoon the mixture into the cupcakes filling to the top.
- If there is a little mixture left over you can simply spoon it into other cupcake cases and serve them gluten free.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, turning half way through if you can. (If you oven if quick – check these at 15 min as a minute overcooked they will crack in the middle, which you want to avoid.
- Remove from the oven, when they are still slightly wobbly in the middle and allow to set for a couple of hours and or place in the fridge over night.
- When fully set serve and what them be eaten with delight.