MY JEW-ISH TUNA, LEMON AND CAPER CAPPELINI
Maybe in a previous life I was an Italian as I just love pasta. And right here right now I am going to be the pasta snob that will preach that it really is worth that extra 50p for the authentic stuff … Brands such as Dececco. See the link below. http://www.dececco.it/EN/Semolina-Pasta/Traditional-range/Long-Shapes/capellini-9/?Prodotto=4 I encourage you, if you don’t already do so to adventure beyond the realms of spaghetti and penne to other such wonderful varieties like CAPPELINI. This is spaghettis skinny younger sister version where the flavours get soaked up into the thin strands. If you hate tuna just omit it from the recipe. The simplicity of this recipe should allow to cook the sauce during the time it takes for the pasta to cook. So it can be a slap-dash affair but, of course, incredibly tasty at the same time. Serves 4 INGREDIENTS
- 400g CAPPELINI pasta
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 shallots or white onion, peeled and finely diced
- Half fresh chili, deseeded and finely chopped, add more if you like it hot
- 150g cherry tomatoes halved
- 125ml of white wine
- 1 x 185g Canned tuna, drained and flakes
- 1.5 – 2 tbsp salted capers, rinsed
- 100ml Alpro soy milk or single cream
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Small handful of picked basil leaves
- Grated Parmesan, to your taste
- 1 tbsp chili, garlic and rosemary oil (RECIPE HERE http://wp.me/p2PGg2-bJ)
- Sea salt cracked black pepper
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. When it comes to a rolling boil, add the pasta and cook according to pack instructions until al dente (approximately 3-4 minutes).
- Heat another large pan with the olive oil. Add in the garlic, chili and onion and saute for 3-4 minutes until nicely soften end. Don’t let the ingredients burn.
- Chop the onions, thinly slice the chili and crush the garlic. Sauté for 1-2 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the tomatoes and tuna, mix well and cook out for a minute to reduce.
- Add the white wine, capers, soy milk and lemon juice and zest.
- Season and with salt and pepper. The pasta should be cooked, drain and place into the pasta.
Drizzle with the garlic chili oil season with salt and pepper. Add the basil leaves and toss the ingredients to combine.
- Sprinke the Parmesan cheese over the pasta, garnish with extra basil leaves and serve immediatley